Redirecting

Redirecting

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

5 Beauty Tips from me!

Hi guys 

I know I've disappeared for a while on my blog and instagram..
Too much to keep up in life and I needed a break!

BUT I'M BACK!!
Haha

And today's post is just
「5 of My Favourite Beauty Tips」

Nothing is sponsored or advertised in this post,
just me sharing with you lovely ladies (and possible gents out there lol)


Fresh Lemon & Sugar Scrub
Fresh cut lemons do wonders to your skin!
I swear!! By far my favourite home-made skin care trick~

This scrub can be used both on face and body.
But it works wonderfully for those with acne-prone skin,
like me!


Lemon is a natural source of Vitamin C; an ingredient commonly used to lighten sun
and age spots and even out skin tone and also a natural astringent that tightens
pores and brightens the complexion.

Sugar is a natural exfoliator; a natural source of glycolic acid which evens out
skin tone, cleans pores, and improves overall skin texture by removing dead, dull skin cells.

Preparing it is simple!
Just cut a whole lemon into half or thirds,
then coat the cut surface entirely with plain sugar.
And then gently scrub it all over your washed face.

(However Lemon's acidity can be quite strong for some,
so this might not be suitable for all)


Make-Up That Lasts Longer
I'm from Singapore, and the hot weather here constantly
makes my skin sweat and oil.

And so there is this magic spray by Urban Decay
(which you may find at Sephora)
↓↓


It's a spray that helps to set your make-up!

But here's the trick,
a lot of people use this spray last
but my advice is to use this spray, then powder your face over it
with loose powder foundation.
Then it works 


Curls That Last Longer
Who's hair is stubbornly straight like mine?!
When I curl my hair, it doesn't last long at all!

Once I went to a salon to get a perm,
IT DIDN'T WORK.
Can you believe it? My hair was still as straight after.. Lol


But here's I trick I learnt from a Japanese salon in Singapore
that I like to go to, Kizuki + Lim 
use Wax Spray!
(not the average hairspray)
And use this on your hair before you start curling your hair!


Wax sprays are not uncommon now,
but apparently this Japanese brand called Spice
is quite famous for their wax spray.



Wash Your Face In The Middle Of The Day
That's right guys!
Your skin constantly produces oil,
and throughout the day all sorts of bacteria goes on your face unknowingly! 
This causes acne and all those other annoying imperfections.

So that's why,
make a point to wash your face half-way in the day!


Buy a mini-size version of your favourite facial wash,
and bring it to work or school!
It's easier than carrying the big one around.

That's what I do~



Moisturise
After going to Asian Skin Solutions,
I learned the importance of moisturising.
Even in a urban country like Singapore!

I was told there that when your skin is dehydrated,
your oil glands will produce more oil to condition your face!
And in the end, it’ll just be oily and clogged.


There you go!
5 simple beauty tips from me~
Every tip here has been tried and tested by me!
They work!!

You may leave a comment to ask me some beauty questions
or tell me if you want more! Haha

Have a good week ahead 

5 comments:

  1. number 4 makes me remember how i always wiped my face with water and tissue at 12pm everyday while in SMSS.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why you always have such healthy skin! Hahaha
      Should have picked up the habit from you back then.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips Yukie! Gonna try out the lemon scrub thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stumbled onto your blog while searching on 'using lemons to whiten'
    I have a serious problem of pigmentation on skin areas ... and it's been a concern for a long time.
    I hope the dark areas gets whitened with sugar coated lemons... shall give it a shot !

    ReplyDelete